Thursday, September 01, 2005

Pi R Squared, Cornbread R Yummy

Today was one of a very few rare and wonderous days that have happened since we have come home:

Today, I was my daughter's favourite person. Today I was the person she wanted to hold her. There could not be enough hugs, kisses or cuddles in this day... as long as they came from me. Daddy was still wondrous and amazing and loved... but she still reached for me, and then wanted me to hold her for more than a moment.

These days don't happen often yet, and other Moms tell me that there will come a day when I will wish I was not her favourite person...but for now I revel in them. Having her sit in my lap snuggled against me for 10 minutes is a miracle, and feeling her snuggle into me and fall asleep as we rock in the glider is 20 minutes of heaven. These are the moments that make you want to be a parent, and that make the sleepless nights and and temper tantrums worthwhile.

The only negative thing I can say at all is that I think my baby may not be feeling so hot, since she's had a bit of a runny nose and hasn't had much of an appetite today. Hopefully it's nothing more than some seasonal allergies that a few tiny doses of Benadryl will help her through. Her appetite did pick up this evening at Soup Plantation when she discovered cornbread which she began wolfing down as though she had not seen food in a week.

3 Cornbread, a bath and 10 last blissfull minutes of snuggling and swaying in the dark and my little Warrior Princess sleeps. Tomorrow I may be chopped liver, but today I was the One and Only: her Mommy.

3 comments:

Tenley's Grandma said...

Way to go Mom. I knew the day would come when she only wanted you and I am sure that there will be many more days like today. I love to hear about your days and how you, Jeff, and my beautiful granddaughter are doing. I miss you all. Hope to see you all soon. Give Tenley a hug and a kiss from her Grandpa and Grandma.

Love, Mom

Stacey T. said...

What a great snuggly day.... While I know it's completely different, our son was never very snuggly, but boy, as soon as his temperature went up, he became a snuggle bunny. No one wants their child to be under the weather, but I still cherish those moments when he was so loving!

Cindy Bennett, CTA said...

How wonderful. I hate that Tenley has been feeling bad, but how great for the bonding. She's looking to you for comfort only a mommy can give, and what a step that is. I bet that before you know it, you'll be basking in those days more often than not.