Wednesday, April 19, 2006
Me, the brunette and Meg (as in Aunty Meg the Cleaning Natzi and Sky Waitress), having had one too many drinks and waay too good a time on New Year's Eve.
ACK! I got tagged again!! This time I only have to tell you 6 weird things about myself, and then I have to tag others.
So here it is: 6 things you probably never wanted to know about me!
1. I have 2 major pet peeves. The first is girls/women who wear chipping peeling cracked nail polish and don't either take it off or fix it. It just looks trashy & tacky. It says "I don't pay attention to detail, and I am lax in my grooming habits". If you can't be bothered with so trivial a detail, either don't wear it or stick to clear. This goes for both fingers and toes. The second one is a biggie: people who can't use the English language correctly. I'm not talking about the foreign tourist or immigrant that has made an effort and is doing the best that they can. I'm talking about people born and raised here who say things like "I don't got none." People using double negatives, incorrect prepositions, and improper tense just drives me up the wall. I have actually corrected complete strangers out in public.
2. I am a serious "mellow mouth". The red sauce at Del Taco is as far as I go. There are no red pepper flakes, chili peppers of any kind or bottles of Tabasco in my house. I think it started when I was 3: my dad was eating a quesadilla and I asked for a bite. He examined it closely, selected a spot, and told me to bite right there. Right there was a huge pool of Tabasco. I screamed in pain for 10 minutes. My father laughed his ass off. My mother almost killed him. Ever since then, no spicy food.
3. I am afraid of heights. I can climb up a ladder/sttep staircase/big rock, but I start getting nervous near the top and coming down is always a problem for me. I bought Jeff a hot air balloon ride for his birthdayone year, and I did go with him, but I had a death grip on the basket the whole time. You will never see me skydive or bungee jump.
4. I'm a movie person. I don't watch much TV, but I love movies. Especially musicals, comedies and B rated monster/sci-fi/horror flicks from the 50's-70's...you know...the MST3K kind. I'm the sort of annoying person who quotes lines from movies. Jeff is this way too, and it makes us a lethal team at Taboo. As I am falling asleep at night, I replay movies in my mind and it lulls me into dreamland. We have well over 300 DVD's in our house.
5. I grind my teeth when I sleep. I guess I'm getting better as I get older, but it's so loud that when I was younger I used to wake my Mom up in the next room. I had to wear a (very expensive) custom resin mouth piece to bed for years...and I actually ground so hard that I shattered 3 of them. Jeff has performed experiments on me in the night, and says that if I'm in "grinding mode" it's movement that triggers it- like if he rolls over or one of the cats jumps on the bed.
6. I was on "The Dating Game". Yep, it's true. I was 16. My friends Derek and Loren went in to audition and they listed me on a page of their application as a potential candidate. I auditioned and got on! I was Bachelorette #3...and I won! My date's name was Russ Selwyn and he was from Montana. Not my type, and I don't think I was his either. We went to NY City. Russ took off to go see some relatives on Long Island, and our chaperone, Lisa, gave me her friend's ID and we went club hopping.
Ok, now I have to brutalize 6 more of you out there...hmmmm...
Donna (aka Becca)
Here are the rules:
1) Now you list 6 weird facts about yourself and post them on your blog and in my comments section. Then tag 6 more people.
2) Leave a comment in their comments section telling them they are tagged and to go to your blog.
Posted by Unknown at 12:58 AM