Tuesday, June 12, 2007

New Tenley-isms


The words of the day are “in my butt.” I might have posted this sometime in the past but it has come around again with no encouragement from us so I thought I would post it again. Tenley had a nice rumble from below the other day and when I asked her what it was she casually replied, “the people in my butt.” Once again, I am not sure where she learned this as we don’t say this but it is too funny. We try not to laugh and make a big deal about it but these days everything has to do with her butt.

Other Tenley-isms these days include “Sometime today people” when traffic is not moving fast enough for her, “I go to Disneyland and ride Space Mountain?” and the ever popular “I do it myself!” stated with enough emphasis to actually make you believe that she can do whatever she wants.

The above picture was taken this weekend when we bought her this Barbie dress that she could not live without. Now she won’t take it off. She prances around saying she is doing ballet and then out of the blue will grab my hand and say, “now we are married.” I try to explain to her that I am not Woody Allen and that I am already married to mommy but she won’t accept that answer.

She is opinionated, stubborn, willful, defiant, messy and downright mean sometimes. In other words, she is a typical two-year old who is cruising into three. She is also loving, gentle, too cute for words and loaded with personality.

Bill Murray said it best in Lost in Translation…”Your life, as you know it... is gone. Never to return. But they learn how to walk, and they learn how to talk... and you want to be with them. And they turn out to be the most delightful people you will ever meet in your life.”

2 comments:

Momof2Boys said...

Jeff,

I couldn't have phrased it better myself if I tried. Thanks for the Bill Murray quote, I've seen the movie but don't remember that line. Cute picture, Shell and I got a taste of the messy, defiant, stubborn, and willful today. :) Gotta love them!

Kim

Donna said...

I'm still cracking up about the Woody Allen comment!

;)

Donna