Saturday, July 01, 2006

12 Months of Tenley

When I was growing up, I would listen to adults talk about us kids and someone would always say "they just grow up so fast". I always took issue with those people because it seemed to me that it was taking me forever to grow up and be old enough to stay up late/wear make-up/ date/drive/drink/etc.
Then I grew up and wished I could go back to the days of having no responsibilities/ no bills/my 23 year old body/ etc.
Now I have my own daughter and I finally get the "they just grow up so fast". For proof, here is 1 picture of Tenley from each month of the last year- it's really amazing how much she's changed.
And Mom, I'm sorry I was in such a hurry to wear turquoise metallic eyeshadow and frosted pink lipstick. I get it now.
June 2005
Only 1 tooth and a shaved hairline!

July 2005

3 teeth, 60 year old man hair


August 2005


September 2005

1 year old, 4 teeth, a little more hair



October 2005

Don King hair, almost walking

November 2005

4 1/2 teeth...hey! Where'd the chubby cheeks go??

December 2005

5 teeth, despairing of hair ever growing

January 2006

Oh look! Hair!


February 2006

6 teeth...and enough hair for the Instant Martian 'do!

March 2006

7 teeth! ...but her baby face is starting to dissappear....

April 2006

Still 7 teeth, sides are filling in, and the beginnings of bangs!

May 2006

11 Teeth- with 2 more on the way

Hair is hitting shoulders!

"Baby" has been completely replaced by "toddler"

June 2006

Full set of choppers except for the 2 yr molars

Enough hair for a pony tail behind each ear



Oh wow. Well for the record (and as a guide for you waiting families who might be curious), we're into size 5 shoes (but her feet are so narrow it's a challenge to find sandals that fit), she still fits rompers and dresses from this time last year, and she's still in a size 3 diaper, but has recently started to become aware of when she's wet, so I may have to look for XXS Pull-Ups this year. Hopefully by the time I do this next June there will be a full set of healthy baby teeth and enough hair for real pony tails! ....and possibly underwear.

4 comments:

Kikilia said...

It is amazing how fast they grow. I can't believe my "Pipsqueak" is 5 1/2 already. Seems like yesterday she came home (17 months from India).

My little one also has very narrow feet. The only sandles that have ever fit her are from Stride Rite (Stride Rite brand) or Hanna Anderson (catalog & website). She's now "graduated" into the narrow Nikes at size 12! Yowza, where does the time go?

Kikilia

Kikilia said...

oops- meant she came home at 17 months of age- not that she's been home 17 months!

Kikilia

Donna said...

I love these 12 months of photos! What a beautiful photo tribute to a beautiful little girl!

Happy Anniversary!

Donna

Shelley said...

I love it.

Man she's grown so fast. It's like just yesterday she was a little peanut ...and now, no more baby. Happens so fast, doesn't it?

The Tenster is such a beauty. And what a ham.